Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wyatt goes to the movies

For several months now I've been hearing of Finding Nemo's return to theaters, this time in 3D. I am a huge fan of Pixar...I am not a fan of 3D. But somehow the thought of taking the cutest three-year-old I know to see his first in-theaters movie helped me set my dislike of this dimension aside :)

Today, Wyatt (known here as "Thing 1") and I spent the afternoon watching Nemo pop out of the massive "TV" and eating M&Ms. Well, Wyatt ate M&Ms. He was perfect! He put on his little 3D glasses when I told him it was time and kept them on! He sat so still and kept his conversation centered around what was happening on the silver screen. That should probably raise a red flag in your mind; Wyatt is exceptionally well behaved but more than a little inquisitive. He has no concept of whispering in movie theaters, so I was glad the room was almost empty. His questions today ranged (loosely) from:

"When is Nemo?"
"What is that?"
"What is his name?"
"What are those little balls?" (answer: the balls were the fish eggs)
"Is that a bad guy?"
"Where's the shark?"
"What are they doing?" (answer: swimming away from the sharks because sharks like to eat fish)
"They like to eat the fish?"
"Where's Nemo?"
"Are they going to the 'quarium?"
"Why did the jelly fish sting her?"

I'm sure I'm missing a few...and several of these I think I answered multiple times :) But who cares! I was just so proud of him for sitting so still and keeping his little glasses on. And he really did look adorable sitting in the huge purple theater seat. He barely weighed enough to keep it open, and we had to set him on a booster to see over the chair in front. His miniature legs stuck almost straight out, (forget dangle) and he was super cute with his arms on the arm rests. Such a little man!

Like the good faux mom I am, I took pictures of my vicarious baby at his first movie. What can I say? I'm a sucker for cute :)


Not normally one to like having his picture made, I was surprised he agreed to stand by the Nemo sign. He is, of course, saying cheese :) 


Again...cheese!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment