Saturday, June 13, 2015

Tales of *tiny* Ty: Ty {almost} Unscripted

Let's be real. This site is more of my journal and life documentation than an actual, beneficial-to-the-general-public blog. For example, I could not for the life of me remember when I had to ditch my weddings rings when I was pregnant with Ty, so I just went back and read some old Wednesday Storks, the series where I documented his pregnancy. I'm guessing no one else has needed to reference those posts since the time they were written, but they have helped me remember what happened when.

I also shamelessly admit that I will frequently look at the pictures from the early days of Tales of *tiny* Ty. I'm always struck by just how cute he was (I know). It's like I forgot what he looked like. Probably because I did. I want to be able to look back a year from now and say, "oh, right. He used to do that," or "that's what he looked like! I remember now..."

It is in that spirit (and the fact that I needed a photography project :) ) that I am leaving myself this documentary of a small piece of one of his days. I know they won't look like this forever. On the contrary, they might not even look like this in a month! Not all of these require captions, but I have added them where further explanation is helpful :)






























The dry winter air of Pretoria has been wreaking havoc on Ty's skin. Here I'm applying some coconut oil to his sad, sad scalp. It makes for an oily head but I don't think he's trying to win any fashion shows.



And this is his morning lotion treatment :) 











Often his first choice out of the toy basket, his "Scooby" truck. One day he'll see a cartoon with a dog named Scooby Doo and think they based a television series on his favorite truck toy :) 







This was a first...











Reading The Little Blue Truck





And that's a nap ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment