Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The perks of having one's own artist

I should really wait a bit longer to post this but I just can’t stand it anymore! I have to get this out there; it’s too brilliant to keep to myself!

Have you ever just wished you had a personal artist who could custom-design and complete your very own dish ware? Well, take it from me...it’s nice :) Todd and I purchased some plain, cream-colored dishes from a couple who was leaving ZA, and they’re the perfect canvas for our creativity!

I say “our” because, while I don’t do any of the artistic things in this relationship, I am often the one who comes up with the ideas. It was Todd’s idea to do our own dishes, but the design I want to feature today was my idea, a classic scene from a classic work. The Chronicles of Narnia have many classic illustrations that are lovely and enchanting. Todd found the illustration online and copied it here. Isn’t it beautiful? 

This is the first piece in the Chronicles of Narnia series. We have 4 series and each one is made up of 2 mugs, 2 bowls, 2 small plates and 2 big plates. So far Todd has completed the Hercule Poirot series and the nautical series. They look great! 


More pictures coming soon!


Look, I know he's attractive, but this post is about the art...the artist is not for sale. 


This is the stencil Todd made, which led us to...


...this! I love it. And him :) 

2 comments: