Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Wednesday Stork: Week 22


*Slight disclaimer: this picture is way off...I'm totally holding back because in real life, this thing is huge! I'll have to be more belly-aware for next week's picture to make sure you all get the full effect. 

More than once this week I had to remind myself that I was approaching 22 weeks...not 23. It's a bummer to forget where you are and—even worse—to think you're farther along than you are. 

Part of me wishes I had never started counting, but the other part knows there was no way to avoid it. First I'm counting to see how much longer I could possibly have to live in constant nausea. Then I'm counting how far along I am because somehow the farther it is the more valid. Then I start doing the counter math to see how many weeks I have left based on how far along I am. It's 18, in case you were wondering. 

Yesterday was probably the last doctor appointment I'll have for awhile since I plan to start meeting with and *hopefully* delivering with a midwife. The doctor said everything looked good! He's still a boy, and is quite nicely situated with his head down :) I suppose it's too early to hope he'll find it comfortable and just camp out there long term...

I told Todd yesterday that going to an ultrasound appointment is like getting visiting rights at prison: we get a few supervised minutes with Ty every few weeks :) 

And speaking of ultrasounds...am I the only one at this stage of pregnancy who still can't make out an ultrasound image? I can see the really obvious things, like yesterday I could make out his spine. When we got to the car Todd had to walk me through the pictures because I couldn't make heads or tails (literally) of them. "Even after someone's shown you?" Todd asked. I did think I could see the head, and it turns out I could, I just had the angle wrong. Apparently he was looking straight at us. I thought we were seeing a profile. 

I give up. 

Weeks: 22...is that it? 
Weight gain so far: It's finally happened: I hit 10 pounds this morning. Just over, actually. I guess I'm ok with it. There's no losing it now, anyway.   
Wearing maternity clothes? No, but I bought some cheap "big" clothes yesterday: an elastic-waisted skirt to add to my small collection, two tank tops and some sport shorts. Like I've said before, it's a good thing I don't go out much.
Got any prego stretch marks? Don't think so. Todd doesn't think I'll make it though, and I agree.    
How am I sleeping? Not too shabby! Todd has come around and is letting us sleep ALL NIGHT with the fan running, instead of setting it on an hour timer. It's nice to wake up dry, you know? Of course, this is probably due more to the fact that we've had some gloriously mild days that have helped keep the house at a bearable temperature.   
What do I miss? I think I'm stuck on AC.     
Feeling anything in there? Oh yes, and the movements are getting bigger! He was really putting on a show yesterday morning at about 6ish. I had Todd feel just how active he was being because I thought it was fascinating, but that big stinker (Todd, not Ty) fell back asleep and almost completely missed everything! Oh well...I guess it's just not as exciting for him ;) 
Aversions or cravings? Nothing too overpowering.  
What’s the gender? Boy.  
Any labor signs? Nope. 
How pregnant do I feel? This hasn't been a strong pregnancy week, as in, I don't feel terribly pregnant. But I look it. There's really no getting around it now. I think I've officially left the fat phase and entered into the bump phase.   
Belly button status: Still in. 
Still sporting my wedding rings? Yep! 

Another week down, 18 l-o-n-g weeks to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment