Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tales of *tiny* Ty

Hip hooray, one week old today!

This has been a fast week (why can't pregnancy weeks go by as quickly??), as it was probably always destined to be. I lose track of the days. They run together and I feel like there's no way that all that has happened could have happened in just one week!

Ty seems like he's grown already. I look back at the earliest pictures and think, "Does he still look like that? Has he gotten chubbier? Bigger?" If this is what it's like after just one week, what will be like after one month? Two months?

We are still very much "figuring things out" and haven't nailed anything yet. Like that was going to happen anyway. I've found that if you don't have expectations, every day is a success :) We're tired, dazed, clueless and generating lots of laundry, but I think I can still say that we're also having a lot of fun!

To help me remember this hazy first week, Todd and I have taken lots of pictures documenting our days. Let the photo frenzy begin! That boy has probably had three hundred pictures taken of him in his first week alone. We're going to need more storage space.

Ty spent his first couple of nights sleeping in his bouncy seat. He had a lot of mucous in his stomach that caused him to gag a bit. We felt better about him lying on a slight tilt, just in case. He's doing much better now and has graduated to his real bed :)


In an attempt to avoid jaundice treatment, our midwife advised letting Ty spend a few minutes in the sun. He LOVES it!


Look at my little bear :)


Every little boy should have a super hero identity...


Today was a big day for Ty. He had his first round of vaccinations (which he handled like a little champ! Such a brave boy.), his first walk and his first bath. Here we are just before our walk. He was awake the entire time and didn't fuss at all, which makes me think he must have enjoyed it.


And mommy was glad to take a walk too :)


I think he liked bath time in the sink. How cute is this?! (his face isn't really that red...I blame poor bathroom lighting and camera flash).


 Saturday morning cartoons! He didn't actually watch them...he slept :)



Baby yawns. Yes.



And baby profiles. Also yes.



It's hard not to take a picture of everything...and as far as I know, there's no rule against it. So maybe I'll just keep the camera handy and try to save lots of little moments. I can already tell this is going to be a fast ride that will end much sooner than I like.


1 comment:

  1. The preggo blogs were fun, but this is going to be way funner. (is that a word?) He's so precious. Don't blink or you'll miss something cute!

    ReplyDelete