Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tales of *tiny* Ty

Another week down...three already?? No way. On one hand, I can't believe he's only been here for three weeks. I feel like he's been here forever! On the other hand, I feel like it's flying by so quickly. I can't even remember what he was like those first few tiny days of his life.

He has definitely done a lot of changing...and the scales prove it! At his check-up yesterday he weighed in at 3.5 kilograms (7.7 pounds)! That's huge! He's over a pound up from his birth weight! That means he's able to fit in some of his clothes, which was a problem before. He swam in just about everything he owned. Emphasis on "owned." This adorable little green bear outfit was loaned to us from a friend and it fits just fine :)


These little hooded fleece outfits are really popular here in South Africa. Since we don't have central heating, we have to keep 'em warm somehow. And this is a really cute way of doing so. 

Don't be fooled by the wide-awake expression of my little green bear; most of the time he looks more like this:


The abundance of sleeping moments make moments like this all the more photo-worthy:


Both Todd and I are anxiously awaiting his first "real" smile. He does a lot of fake ones now. I'm camera happy as it is...I can't imagine how out-of-control I'll be when he starts actually making faces. 

And lest you think every minute at our house is a carefully-crafted photographic opportunity, here's Ty being completely normal and candid on his changing pad :) I took this picture because a) my mom writes about every other day asking for one and b) this is currently my favorite of his onesies :) 


Ty's become well acquainted with the "snot sucker" (does that thing have an official name?) and doesn't necessarily cry every time we have to use it! I think that's a big deal. He also rarely cries during diaper changes and has only "sprayed" what? Once? Not bad in my book.

He's not a very spitty baby, but he has had a couple of really good pukes. And by "really good" I mean they have required wardrobe changes for both him and me. My mom says I was that way as a baby so perhaps it's just one of those unfortunate genetic traits. Anyway, now I'm nervous to handle him after he eats. I've only got so many pairs of pajama pants.

That's the week for us! I think I'll have some really fun pictures to share next week, so don't forget to come back!


1 comment:

  1. He increases in cuteness with every post. Brace yourself. He will kill you with that first smile. Oh, and Hannah calls that thing Booger Bob. ;)

    ReplyDelete