Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Wednesday Stork presents: "As Maternity as I Get"

I've made no secret about my feelings regarding maternity pictures: I'm not a fan. Not usually. I've seen a handful that I like but mostly I just find them awkward or lovey-dovey or occasionally...um...inappropriate? I don't want to see things I shouldn't when you're not pregnant, so I really don't want to see things when you are. Yikes.

It's possible that I may have said I wouldn't do maternity pictures when I found myself in a maternal way, but I still Pinned a few ideas that I thought weren't so bad. You know, just in case. Maybe one day I'd wish I had a handful to look fondly back on (like after I forget what pregnancy can sometimes feel like) and it'd be a shame not to have at least something maternity.

So today's Wednesday Stork is a little different. Todd was the sole photographer so I can't take any credit. It's not in our usual style...we tend to lean towards outdoorsy photos with lots of sunlight and thoughtful backgrounds. We decided these have a more magaziney look, but still liked the way they turned out.

As an interesting bit of trivia, the only maternity outfit featured is the tank top I wore in the first picture. The rest are all normal clothes that I'm definitely not wearing right now.

This one was Todd's favorite. I Pinned it before I was ever pregnant and he was excited to finally be able to take it. It's now his iPod background image :) In case you were wondering, I have a very low bump.


And I like together pictures...


Yes, I am that pale in real life.


Oh, here we are outside:


And one more of just me...


Got enough bump? I'm glad we did these at 35 weeks (today's new number!) instead of waiting until full term. I don't know if I'd want to document myself any chubbier than this.

Until next time, I leave you with this image: Me and the bump, bumping Todd right out of frame. Happy Wednesday :)




4 comments:

  1. Mer, I love these! I've been thinking of you and Toddjr fondly. Sending hugs and kisses and baby talk from the States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these so much. So excited for I both and can't wait to see baby Ty!

    ReplyDelete