Friday, February 14, 2014

A "little " laundry for Valentine's day

So today I did laundry for Valentine's day, and I loved it :) Ok, so I didn't do it because today is Valentine's, I just happened to do it today, and today happens to be Valentine's.

Anyway, I've been waiting and waiting to wash up Ty's tiny little clothes and just got around to buying baby detergent yesterday, which, by the way, I only found in a giant box. I was hoping to get just a small thing of it since I don't plan on using it indefinitely, but let's just say that now EVERYTHING I wash for a while can smell like a baby.  

Laundry is about the only baby chore I can do in preparation for Ty's arrival, which we expect to take place in about two months. If I drag it w-a-y out, maybe I can do a load or so a week to give myself something to look forward to. Would you listen to that? Laundry becomes the highlight of my week. Hmm. That'll be short lived. From what I understand, I'll be doing laundry all the time once there's a newborn in the house. 

Here's some interesting trivia for you: this is not the first time I've photographed laundry. The first and only other time I can recall making a clothesline the focal point of a picture was when I visited some missionary friends in Brazil. I just thought the line looked cool tied to coconut trees :) The scenery isn't anything to write home about in the pictures below but the outfits are adorable!

Ty's wardrobe ranges from hand-me-down items to consignment shop finds, and there's even a tiny bit of "brand new." The kid is practically rolling in clothes!



Hope your Valentine's day has been as thrilling as mine! Maybe I hope it's been more thrilling than mine, even if I did get a kick out of doing a little laundry :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment