Saturday, October 11, 2014

Picnic at the Park

There's  a little park and playground near our house and this week we took Ty for the first time. It was fantastic. We didn't really do much, besides take an inordinate number of pictures (and by "we" I mean, mostly "me"), but it was fantastic. The equipment has probably been there for, I don't know, a bunch of years and there were kids running around and people sitting at cement tables eating takeout...it was a park of parks.

But what MADE this place for me, what really sealed it in my mind as one of my new "old haunts" was the way the evening sun poured through the trees and lit everything up all golden and prefect. Perfect if you're like me and came armed with a Nikon wrapped around your neck. Probably super annoying if you're playing catch or frisbee or something. But I was just there to take pictures of my tiny boy doll (uh, that'd be Ty, just so we're clear). I went a little, shall we say, over the top. I click-click-clicked until Todd and Ty had probably both about had it.

But I think it was worth it.
























I did say this was a picnic at the park. Butternut and avocado coming right up!






Here's some proof that I was there (Todd's idea). I fed him his "dessert": applesauce. He's a big fan.







I think we'll go back sometime. Like when Ty can, you know, play ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment