Monday, July 9, 2012

4th Festivities

We didn't used to do much in the way of July 4th celebrations, but the addition of several kids and one very luxurious swimming pool have a tendency to change things for the better. The food was delicious, the water fantastic, and the fireworks...well, they were fireworks, but I did enjoy a color commentary from Thing 1, who took in the entire show on my lap: "Look Mernith, a green one! There's a red one! A purple one! Where the blue one go?"

When's the next holiday? I wouldn't mind doing this all over again.



Todd and I started the morning in true patriotic style with red, white and blue pancakes. The white chocolate chips, blueberries, and drizzle of strawberry syrup were completely delicious, but unfortunately, I can't take a bit of the credit. The entire thing was Todd's doing, from the list of ingredients to the perfect execution. He's the pancake man around here, for sure. :)



Thing 1 helped me showcase my mini strawberry-raspberry pies, and I'm so proud of how still he stood while I took this! He got to eat it afterwards, naturally :)  The pies aren't difficult to make, but they are extremely involved. You have to decide if the taste is worth the time. 



It will be a few years before "group" pictures are easy, but for now they are really, really cute. :) 



As she is thus far the only little princess in the family, we all take every occasion to see that she looks the part. From the star-spangled skirt to the oversized bow, Thingette is 100% girl! 



The dinner menu was superb! Chicken salad, watermelon, spinach salad with nuts and craisins, and blue-raspberry jigglers! I think I had about 5 of these...



Thing 2 at the fireworks, practicing his "smile." We're still working on it. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment