Monday, September 1, 2014

Little Miss Monday: Dawn of the Microwave

I weekend hard. Like from 4:30pm Friday until 11:00pm Sunday it's one big, unmediated party up in here.

Kidding. So, SO kidding. I don't even sleep past 6am on Saturday.

So why is it, then, that my house always needs to "recover" from two very un-weekend-ish days? Who knows. But it does and so we do and there's that. For that reason—recovery—I don't "schedule" cleaning to do on Monday. I just...tidy up. Load the dishwasher. Fold the laundry I've been teasing for three days (you know the game...on the bed awaiting attention during the day, relocated to the floor over night, back on the bed the next day...oh wait, is that part just me?). Start a new load of laundry. Or two. The stuff waiting on the bed gets lonely.

You get the idea. Mondays are makeup days.

On rare occasions, though (like today being the only one I can think of) I toss in something for bonus points. It's like swatting at little gold stars above my head and hearing a nice techno "BLIP! BLIP! BLIP!" Super satisfying, even if "BLP! BLIP! BLIP!" is the extent of the pay-off. Today I tackled the microwave, for the second (I think?) time this year, I'd like to say. I feel like that's as often as anyone can be bothered to devote a full five minutes to the microwave, am I right?

 And actually, the microwave is lucky to get that. My in-laws were here in January and I wanted them to know I could keep a clean microwave so their son can reheat in style. Then, my sister is visiting later this week and while she doesn't need to open my microwave to justify her judgement of my housekeeping, I'd just as soon eliminate the opportunity.

No one else is paying me the honor of a visit this year, so the microwave can just deal from here till...the next time I'm feeling "bonus-y."

Back to the microwave itself. It's got some sass to work through. That or a keen sense of humor. I mean, just look at the cute little note it left us:





Good one, Microwave.

Happy Monday to all, and to all, a good...morning :)


1 comment:

  1. And all this time I thought your microwave was new...go figure.

    ReplyDelete