Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Wednesday Stork: Week 24


This past weekend Todd and I celebrated our birthdays and I have just two words for you: birthday cake. If we hadn't had that sitting around (uh, it's gone now) for a few days, I think my total weight gain report for this week would be just a tad nicer.

Other than birthday festivities, it hasn't been very interesting around here. Todd spent the last several days recovering some cushions for the patio furniture our landlord is letting us use (on work days, it was his after hours pastime), and I have been crocheting up a small storm. But more on that later.

For now...

Weeks: 24  
Weight gain so far: Roughly 11.5 pounds. I know, too much birthday cake.   
Wearing maternity clothes? This is perhaps the most exciting bit of news I have: my new wardrobe is on its way! It may even be in the country as we speak! Hopefully I'll be able to give a resounding "yes!" to this question next week :)
Got any prego stretch marks? Thinking no, but I went ahead and purchased some BioOil last week. It wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it would be and figured that it might just prove to be helpful. I'll let you know after everything's said and done.    
How am I sleeping? It's been nice lately (and by nice I mean cloudy/rainy which equals cool) which I think has played a big part in my sleeping well.   
Feeling anything in there? He had me nervous until yesterday when he finally started being active again. Seriously, there were like three days in a row where he didn't move much at all. Is that normal? No idea. 
Aversions or cravings? Nah, not really.  
What’s the gender? Boy.  
Any labor signs? Nope. 
How pregnant do I feel? Here's something new: towards the end of my walks my back has started to feel like I've been doing back bends, making me want to curl over my stomach. I guess it's just compensating for the front load I'm lugging around. I mean, I don't feel like I'm walking abnormally or leaning back ridiculously far, but whatever. 
Still sporting my wedding rings? Yep! 

We're missing the usual Christmas festivities that we're sure many of you are enjoying back in the States...our little Christmas tree is cute, but the lights are on the fritz. We've got one random strand that blinks arbitrarily and isn't actually a blinking strand. Oh well. Since only the two of us have to look at it, we've decided it's fine :) 

Till next week,


No comments:

Post a Comment