Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Wednesday Stork: Week 25


If you heard the Hallelujah chorus floating over the ocean from Africa, don't freak out; it was me. And I had reason for such an outburst. Y'all, my maternity clothes finally arrived!

After weeks and weeks of just barely making things fit, it feels so good to have a wardrobe that I can wear AND feel comfortable in. Thanks to my mom *hi mom* and Todd's grandmother for picking a few things up for me in the States!

That's definitely the biggest news of the week. I know, I know...it's kind of sad, getting this excited over fat clothes. But I don't care :) And, on top of feeling amazing, maternity clothes are actually good for making a bump less obvious. I felt like I was really sticking out in my normal clothes, but the bump all but vanishes in some of my maternity outfits. Great perk! Oh, keep in mind that I am pulling the shirt in the picture tight across my belly so you can get a good idea of the size...if I just let it hang, well, there wouldn't be much to see.

Ok, I'll stop talking about clothes. That's not why you're here:

Weeks: 25  
Weight gain so far: Roughly 13 pounds. Perhaps there was a growth spurt going on beneath the surface...   
Wearing maternity clothes? YES! 
Got any prego stretch marks? No, I don't think so. I'll only go so far as to say that I have some on my hips that I think have been there for years. Whether they've gotten any worse during pregnancy I couldn't say. I'll keep my eye on them.  
How am I sleeping? I added another pillow to the mix last night. If we lived at home I'd probably have purchased a body pillow weeks ago, but apparently you don't really find them here. I think the regular one I used last night did help make my side sleeping more comfortable. Back sleeping/lying is getting to be really uncomfortable. Sometimes it makes it hard to breathe.   
Feeling anything in there? Only an aspiring gymnast.  
Aversions or cravings? I've been hungry this week. Or at the very least I've wanted to eat. But I don't think it got out of hand. I try to be aware of what I eat, how much of it, and when.  
What’s the gender? Boy.  
Any labor signs? Nope. 
How pregnant do I feel? Heartburn can strike at any time, regardless of what I eat. I take medicine for it most days now. And I'm almost always hot. It's been hotter this week than last and I feel every single degree. 
Still sporting my wedding rings? Yep!

I'm thinking I might postpone the next Wednesday Stork until after the new year (January 1st) as I can't imagine anyone will be interested in reading prego updates on Christmas :) On that note, enjoy the holidays and those you get to spend them with. May the implications of Christmas affect your mind and life all year; everyday is the day to consider what Christ has done. 

Merry Christmas! 




No comments:

Post a Comment