Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Wednesday Stork (Thursday edition) : Week 31



No bump shot this week. But really, those are neither very impressive nor very different from week to week. You're not missing anything. But Ty, on the other hand, has made great progress, especially considering he resembled a poppy seed a few months ago.

I expected to be able to tell you all about 4D scans after we had ours earlier this week, but there isn't anything to tell. It was just like all the other ultrasounds I've had, the only difference being the 4D image that resulted. The process was exactly the same: slather jelly on belly, rub little wand thing around, watch the screen like your life depends on it. We didn't get to hear a heartbeat, but did learn that he supposedly weighs 3.5 pounds. I don't put much stock in ultrasound weight prediction, but I guess 3.5 sounds normal.

The tech said I was carrying small for a baby with such a round head :) And, in case you were worried, that abnormally round head is....upside-down!

I'm told Ty has the Overbeek man nose, meaning he currently resembles his father (and grandfather). Now if I could just get a good shock of black hair on that roly-poly newborn head, I'd really be able to say he looks like daddy :)

Weeks: 31 and counting. Slowly counting. 
Weight gain so far: J-u-s-t over 17 pounds. I expected this to be a big weight gain week...we've been "vacationing" with Todd's parents for nearly two weeks now (more on this later). Let the pounds fall where they will.  
Got any prego stretch marks? Still none. 
How am I sleeping? It's a nightly toss-up. Never can tell what kind of sleep I'll get.  
Feeling anything in there? Oh yeah, lots. Kid's a riot. Already.   
Aversions or cravings? Papa John's pizza? (it worked for the Goldfish crackers...)
What’s the gender? Boy. That's the first thing the ultrasound tech managed to see. I believe the Dr./tech because I assume they know what they're talking about, but the visuals are largely unconvincing to me. Todd still says he can tell.  
Any labor signs? No. And after the safari game drive we took last night, I'm grateful. Poor little guy probably thought his world was going to explode. I had similar concerns about my bladder.   
How pregnant do I feel? Well, I recently learned I can do exactly one really taxing day. The next day I will need a wheel chair and a nap.  
Belly button in or out? In...for how much longer?
Still sporting my wedding rings? Yep!

And that's 31 weeks! We have been thoroughly enjoying our time with Todd's parents, and I think I have several posts (and pictures) from our adventures coming to the blog soon. It's so nice to have family here. I can't even tell you how nice. I'll be sad when they leave, but am livin' it up in the mean time :) 



1 comment:

  1. Great report. I can hardly wait to meet Mr. Ty. Glad you are well and enjoying the company.

    ReplyDelete